Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sweet Vampire Killing Chicken AKA Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken

Happy Saturday!  Rachel here.  Like every other person these days I've become a bit of a Pinterest addict.  I have about 2 dozen new recipes to try out and having an unexpected night off of work meant I had no excuse not to channel my inner Julia Child and try something out.  No surprise I went with a chicken dish.  No matter what else may be in my freezer I will always have chicken on hand.  This was a piece of cake to make.  Even for a cooking challenged gal.


First things to do is get the ingredients.
Chicken (I used chicken tender cut but you could use normal chicken breast too)
Garlic (I love garlic in an abnormal way so I used 4 cloves, the original recipe called for one.)
Butter (Or not butter stuff if you're like me and haven't used real butter in a while)
Brown sugar (I grabbed dark for the picture but used light when I actually cooked.)

You'll notice I have a hard time when it comes to measuring things when cooking.  I tend to go more on instinct so I'll explain the best I can.

*Brown butter (about 2 spoons full) and garlic (minced up) in a large pan.

*When all the butter is melty add the chicken.  Cook on high until the chicken is cooked all the way thru.  It took about 10mins for mine but then it was already cut into strips so it was thinner than if you're doing a full sized chicken breast.

*Once the chicken is done sprinkle the brown sugar over each piece of chicken, lightly covering each piece.  You can be a little heavy handed with the brown sugar.  It's ok.  You know you have enough when it's all covered.

*Stir chicken in the butter/garlic and brown sugar until the sugar has melted.  Just don't burn it!



I made corn and mac&cheese to go with mine but I bet it would be good over rice too.  I was afraid it might be too sweet or the garlic would be an odd combo but somehow it works.  I can't wait to make it again.  Or dig into the leftovers.





No comments:

Post a Comment