Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crochet for a Cause

Janet here. Right now we're in the midst of a move. Moving to a bigger place not too far away but off of this dead-end street where all the teenaged "hoodlums" like to hang out and stir up trouble! I can't wait! But in the evenings I've been been spending my time crocheting up some beautiful red and navy blue, warm winter scarves for the Special Olympics. I recently learned to crochet but have caught on rather quickly and love making beautiful handmade scarves and hats and baby blankets and more! Its more than safe to say that I am ADDICTED to crochet! And I like to think it comes quite naturally for me as my late Grandma Eunice was an avid crocheter and was always making us beautiful afghans that I very much treasure to this day. Check out the link below if you'd like to join in on this cause and knit or crochet some scarves for the project. And if you don't knit or crochet yourself but know someone who does, pass the link along. Here are the 2 I have completed so far. I hope to finish at least one more before the deadline. 



No comments:

Post a Comment