Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sorbet

Since the new year I have been, not on a diet, but cutting back on bad food and ice cream is a huge favorite of mine and I refuse to give in and eat it. So I have resorted to sorbet, but I don't like to but it from the store because number one, its EXPENSIVE and number two its full of sugar so I decoded to make my own. Are you surprised? Ha ha.

Its a basic recipe and you can use whatever fruit you like. I like it most with watermelon but its not in season right now, so I used raspberries because they were on sale at the grocery store. Now most recipes I found said to use an ice cream maker, well I don't have one. I just put it in a Tupperware and it worked out great.

I started off by pureeing the raspberries with a little lemon juice to cut the sweetness of the raspberries. After that you need to sieve the seeds out. No one wants seeds in their sorbet. Then I made a simple syrup. Always 1 part water and one part sugar. I stirred it all together and froze it over night. Now mine was a little to sweet for me so next time I will cut the sugar but you guys may like it sweeter, try it out and figure out how you like it. You can always add mini dark chocolate chips too!

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
6 cups raspberries (about 1 3/4 pounds), thawed if frozen, I use fresh
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment