Friday, January 13, 2012

The Newlywed Game


I've been married for about 2 and a half months now. Along with the marriage itself, my life went through a ton of changes. I had been living in Indiana since 2005. I was working at the local police department as a Victim Advocate, a job I had since 2009 and absolutely loved. Being a military wife includes a lot of sacrifices. I had to quit my job, pack up, and move to Ohio to be with my husband.

It's been a tough adjustment for me. I was a very independent person...although I was still living with my parents. I had a job, paid my bills, and if I wanted to buy something...I did it. Now I am dependent on my husband. We currently have one car, so I spend much of my time in our apartment. I miss my friends. I miss my job. But I love my husband. Marriage is tough, scary, and absolutely amazing. 

Our entire relationship was long distance. The most time we had spent together at any given time was just over a week. We are learning each others' habits and quirks. I get irritated every time I trip over his boots that he haphazardly leaves wherever he takes them off, but I know I would miss it if they weren't there. 

I love our time together and I am incredibly lucky to have him in my life. I love my "good morning" kiss, even though it comes way too early. I love watching movies together, playing Wii, and Nerf Wars. I love that he will order me a pizza at 11pm and get me ice cream, just because I wanted it. I love falling asleep in his arms and our candlelit dinners. Even though he frustrates me and makes me angry. I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

I know things won't always be easy. I know that this is only the beginning. I know we're going to fight, and laugh, and cry...but, I also know that no matter what life throws at us, we're going to get through it together. 

Marriage is a struggle at times, but if you're willing to work through the bad moments, you can enjoy all the good things that come your way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment