Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Getting Fit!

Is anyone else out there struggling to find motivation like me?

It's winter, which is the first difficult thing about pushing myself.

Second, I'll just go ahead and admit it-- I'm lazy. I hate even saying that word, but I'm serious. When I think about exercising, I'm already exhausted. I know it will help me, but I just can't find the 'push' to actually do it which is REALLY frustrating.

My daughter is almost 10 months old... and while I can say that I have lost ALL of my baby weight from having her, I have yet to get this body toned again. When I first got pregnant, I weighed 136 pounds. When I walked into the hospital the day my water broke, I weighed 176 pounds. 40 pounds! AAAAHHH. But, a week later I was back down to 150.. and a few months later, I was down to 136. That was a good feeling, but clearly not good enough....

It bothers me when I sit down and I can see that 'pouch' of skin that just kind of lays there. Any of you moms out there know what I am talking about?? It's that extra skin... and it just haunts me. I'm not saying I'm upset about having a child or anything like that! Tayler was worth every stretch mark and stretched out piece of skin that I have...

BUT

now that she's here.. and ornery as ever, I think it's about time I get this body in order! Which leads me to this:

I FOUND MOTIVATION.

I found it in being absolutely tired of the way I look in the mirror... and now, I want to push myself! Now, I want to start watching what I eat. Now, I want to start exercising and toning this body. I want killer abs by the summer. Last summer, it was frustrating to wear a two piece. This summer, I want to be excited about it! When we go on vacation, I don't want to wear a one-piece because I'm embarrassed.  I want to be proud to walk into the store and buy a TWO-PIECE. I want to put it on with confidence that yes, I had a baby, but I have bounced back from that. I want to have a fit body that is prepared to have another baby in time. I do not want to be 'behind' going in to having this child, you know?

Is there anyone else out there that wants to join me in exercising and being accountable to one another? I plan on attempting to post my progress once a week (or once every two weeks depending on how things are going) and I would LOVE if you shared your strengths and weaknesses with me. My biggest problem is eating. I am addicted to fast food. I am SERIOUS. That habit has got to stop... and stop immediately.

Thanks to my friend Kat, I joined 'My Fitness Pal' online and it is helping me keep track of my calories. It also tells me how many calories I can have a day to reach my goals which is awesome! If you want to add me, my email-address is:


I hope someone out there feels my pain and wants to join me in this journey. I am not good at keeping motivated when I'm doing something alone, so it will help if others are motivated with me!

Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment