Sunday, January 15, 2012

Holy Easy Popcorn

I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE popcorn. I have never really liked the popcorn out of the bags you make at home. Now I have learned how bad it is for you and your family. I couldn't believe the nasty things I found out about bagged popcorn. So I decided to make my own. I was so nervous because I thought it would be hard but I soon learned its as easy as the bagged, if not easier! It tastes so much better and you can add basically whatever you want to it. There are so many combinations to making your favorite popcorn! I have two ways to make it, both are easy and both come out basically the same.

 The first way is in the microwave. I found this amazingly easy way to make bagged popcorn in the microwave from Squawkfox.com.  Basically its brown paper bags & popcorn kernels. That's it! Cook on high for 3 minutes. Make sure you stay by your microwave because they cook differently and some may only take a minute and half. You don't want to burn this popcorn! 

 Next way to to do it is on the stove top. Use a deep pot, like you would use to boil potatos and add about 2 tablespoons of oil. I use veggie oil but you can use whatever you have. Olive oil gives it a great taste too. Pour the kernels in, just enough to cover a layer on the bottom of the pot. Now turn the temperature to high and put a lid on it, You don't want kernels in your eye! Once its starts popping I shake my pot back and fourth on the stove to keep them moving around. When the popping slows, its done!   

 You can add whatever flavors you want too. You put a pat of butter on your popcorn and some salt. I like Parmesan cheese on mine. 

 Other combinations are:
Chili powder, hot sauce, and salt.
Onion powder and garlic powder.
Parmesan cheese with a little salt.
Cinnamon, a sprinkle of sugar, and a topper of honey. 


Amanda

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing. Mainly b/c I love salt and sweet and doing it w/ honey/cin would be devine about now.

    ReplyDelete